Thursday, November 29, 2012

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT #2

This morning I corroborated the axiom that it takes daily practice to become at least proficient in some occupation or vocation.  

After two weeks off tennis I returned to play with the three women I play two or three times a week.  It was dreadful.  I couldn't hit the ball to save my life.  And when I did return it, the ball went anywhere but...short shots, long shots, into the net, it was sad.  I lost my mojo I told my tennis partners.  Have you seen it?

It didn't help matters that right next to our court the rolly-polly guy playing with three women kept screeching and shouting.  He's there every Thursday, smack dab next to us.  He yells instructions at his teammates, celebrates loudly when he gets a point, and generally makes a nuisance of himself.  

But - after running and hitting and missing for 50 minutes my game took off.  I had some great shots 5 minutes before the end of the game.  I found my mojo guys I told my friends.  Practice does help.  Now, if only I could improve all other aspects of my life, I'd be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment