Most of the basic material a writer works with is acquired before the age of fifteen.
1. Start writing about where you are in your life at this moment.
2. Start writing in a stream-of-consciousness mode.
3. Keep a nature diary to connect with the natural world.
4. Start a journal of self-portraits.
5. If there is something you are struggling with or something that disturbs you, write about it in the third person.
6. Don’t censor yourself. No one will read your journal.
FROM JOURNAL TO MEMOIR class starts Monday September 21st
6:30 to 8:30 every other Monday - six sessions
Convenient Lincoln Park location