Tuesday, December 15, 2015

December in Athens

I really think there is such a thing as global warming or climate change or whatever you want to call it. The temperature in Athens is lower than in Chicago. Go figure...The first few days it rained, skies were grey, a chilled breeze blew. A couple of days ago the sun came out. All is well.

Lunch is sacred here. And late. Every day I go to my mom's for lunch. But we eat a little earlier than they would normally eat. I can't wait til 2 or 2:30. After, she naps.

So far I've seen a short play, a movie, and spent some time at a cafe where my cousin djs. The rest of the time has been spent either at my mom's watching tv or at my cousin's where I sleep. Her apartment is delightful: brightly colored, cheerfully decorated, cozy. I'm so glad I decided to stay at her place.

Athens is shiny and luminous with Christmas decorations. Such a difference from the summer look!


No comments:

Post a Comment