Saturday, July 28, 2018

ROAD TRIP-Day 11: New Jersey

We just picked blueberries for half an hour in a scorching heat. Why? Because I absolutely adore them and David thought it’d be a great idea to come to South Jersey where blueberries “were born” after reading an article in the New York Times. In the meantime we’re staying at the Plum Tree Inn in Williamstown, in the middle of nowhere, kind of.

The last two days were spent in Cherry Hill/Philadelphia where David’s friend Marvin lives. Had dinner with him and his wife, went to the concert of Gershwin at the Mann Center. Also visited the Barnes Foundation following everyone’s advice. What a crazy place! Thousands of paintings and art objects piled on top of each other. Cloying. Too intense. Exhausting.

The humid heat makes it difficult for me to stroll. It irritates me. The sun burns stronger here.

Living out of a suitcase is not as bad as it sounds. Yet I miss my bed, my kitchen, friends. Good thing there is the internet to keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment