Friday, March 2, 2012

CURIOSITY CURES BOREDOM

Curiosity cures boredom.  Those are my three words of the day.  Or the month.  Or, if I'm lucky, the year.  Research inspires curiosity wrote Phillip Lopate.  So I embark on research to acquire curiosity to cure boredom.  And, maybe in the process, write something worth reading.  And publishing.


I have so many ideas that I had to write them on small pieces of paper, fold them, and now I will pick one and go with it.  What will it be?  Birds?  Food ethnology?  The Ottoman Empire?  Or simply my autobiographical fiction project started in San Miguel?  There are other choices too.  Tomorrow I'll let you know which one won.  


For now I need to be disciplined and stick with the selection.  At least for a while.  Right?



No comments:

Post a Comment