Friday, January 18, 2013

SOME MUSINGS

Snippets of conversations heard on the Broadwalk:

...oh my God...
...what...
...when I get home I'll take my medication so it starts to work on...
[French]
...she seemed aware of her surroundings...
[Italian]
...Hi there...
...I do have a little scoliosis...
[Portuguese]
...Door County, that's it...
...looking at the honeymoon pictures...
...people put...
[Spanish]
...flowers and plants and lights...
...what are you talking about...
...ok I'm going to see that...

I thought while jotting down: these could serve as prompts for writing exercises.  
Feel free to use them.

Because our unit is next to the sidewalk we can hear all manner of sounds while in bed or in the living-room.  The most interesting one though is brushing my teeth in the bathroom and watching pedestrians walk by right on the other side or the workmen across the street hammer and drill.  I've never lived so close to the street.  It jarrs me, it could be scary but isn't.  Not here where we tend to leave our doors open and walk out barefoot in my nightgown.  A different life.

No comments:

Post a Comment