Friday, July 19, 2013

BACK IN THE TRENCHES: Two weeks done, two left

The breeze is strong around here.  More like a wind.  Doors slam, curtains billow.  The balcony offers me the possibility to feel it while I sip my morning coffee and write and read.  It's a narrow balcony but useful.  

Last night I took the Metro and went down to Athinai Street to see Katerina who was djing at Lemon Poppy Seed, a hair salon.  Across the street there is a nice bar called Tranzistor where I sat outside and had a beer, some risotto, and people-watched.  Later Katerina came and told me about her lightning-speed trip to Kalymnos, an island in the Aegean, to attend a private party where a famous dj was playing.  

So many djs!  All bars have djs who play.  Do they do that in Chicago?  I don't know.  But I don't remember that.  Of course, I don't go to bars anymore but in the past I don't remember that.

The Metro is very good.  Quiet.  Clean.  I should take it more often but there isn't a station near the house.  The closest is in Syntagma Square. 

I am looking forward to Sifnos.  I hope the place where we'll stay is nice enough and the beach made of sand and I can swim in the Aegean, sun myself, relax, read, and generally have a good, calm time with mom and David.  I hope we can explore the island too.  We'll see how mom does with her walking.  

Everyone goes away to some island or other.  I don't blame them.  You have to get away from the city.  

No comments:

Post a Comment