Tuesday, December 17, 2013

COLD MUSINGS

    After a long time with grey skies, the sun wants to come out.  It tries.  It succeeds sometimes.  The cold is paralyzing me.  I am not a snow/cold-weather girl; I'm from the temperate flat lands of the Southern Cone.  And I love the sea.  I need warm weather, a view of the water, a blue sky. Chicago's winter weather forces me to stay indoors for long periods of time.  My husband recommends a winter sport to learn to love the snow and cold but I just can't.  Better to be gone from here these long months.

    Better to walk in a forest looking up to catch a glimpse of a warbler or cardinal.  Better to stroll on the fine sand of a beach feeling the heat of the sun on my shoulders.  Much better to sit at a cafe on a plaza sipping coffee and munching croissants.  

    Dream on.  Dream on.  Not too distant in the future I'll be in the heart of Mexico.  I just need to be patient. But - I am not known for my patience.  I better breathe deeply, read, write, and learn to wait.  After all they say: "good things come to those who wait." 

No comments:

Post a Comment