Monday, June 30, 2014

PREVIEW OF TUESDAY'S MEMOIR/PERSONAL ESSAY WORKSHOP


You can start today to write your memoir - be it short like a personal essay or long like a book. Here are some guidelines and exercises to get you going:
                                                   
      1.  Basic writing exercises:

I remember/I don’t remember
I’m looking at/I’m not looking at
I’m thinking of/I’m not thinking of

Keep the pen moving.  Don’t cross out anything.

2.      Life is not linear; reflect and sort through the layers.

3.     Find a theme and focus on that alone.

4.     Do some research.

5.     The past can only be found in the present.  Muse, ponder, reflect about the past in the present.


PERSONAL ESSAY/MEMOIR WORKSHOP
TUESDAY JULY 1 - 7 to 9 pm
CULTURA IN PILSEN, 1900 S. CARPENTER
TO REGISTER GO TO: CHICAGO LATINO WRITERS INITIATIVE

WORKSHOP OFFERED IN ENGLISH

No comments:

Post a Comment