Wednesday, June 3, 2015

HERE I AM AGAIN...

Still somewhat jet-lagged, trying to adjust to time and space, to idiosyncrasies and customs.  It's not that I forget, it's that they always shock my system.  What to do, what to do. 

Fashioning a calendar of activities to keep the mind active, the body in motion. 

Athens looks the same as last year. I don't see any difference nor do I see signs of doom as predicted in the US media.  So far, so good.

Met Maria at one of my favorite spots: Syllabi Café - owned by Philipos, musician and singer.  The café is also a bookstore, a tiny bookstore.  One of its virtues is that it is located on a pedestrian, narrow street; therefore, it is quieter than most streets, less transited by people or cars, with the exception of the occasional motorcycle.  Maria wore a fantastic long dress, African style, colorful, with her usual head-of-curls. Always striking.

Weather is perfect: sunny, warm, very comfortable.  Not the blazing heat of July and August.

Wish I could go to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment