Sunday, July 7, 2013

HERE I AM AGAIN Day 3

Sunday ends late as does every day here.  Yesterday I went to bed after 1 in the morning and today I woke up at 10:30.  Could not believe my eyes.  But tomorrow I need to be up at 7 since the conference starts at 8.

Last night we went to an open air cinema - one of the many in this city.  Surrounded by bouganvilleas and jazmine we watched "Before Midnight."  Lots of words, little action.  But I liked it anyway.  It was fun to see the landscape of the south of Greece, the house where Patrick Leigh Fermor lived, the sea, the town.  

Today was spent in Nea Makri: a town outside Athens where my cousins live.  Sat all day in the big veranda and looked at the Aegean down the hill, ate moussaka and lamb and dolmades, discussed politics, and breathed the clean air.  It is a fine place!  I'd love to spend a month there, alone, writing, reading, meditating.

I am anxious to see what the conference looks like, who the people are, what they do.  I really hope I am not disappointed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment